We currently have 2 positions available
Experienced Insurance Surveyor/Contracts Manager – £35k-40k, plus pension, plus work vehicle. Need driving licence
We are looking for an Insurance Surveyor / Contracts Manager for a new role based in London. Working for a Building Contractor specialising in private domestic property insurance repairs you will be responsible for scoping and estimating repair works, then contracts managing the works to completion. The works are mainly around the following postcodes in London (N, NW, UB, HA) although there may be occasions when you would need to cover for one of the Surveyors who works in the South East London area.
Ideally you will be based somewhere around the Wembley / North London / Harrow area but be happy to go into the central London office as required.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
The salary will be negotiable depending upon experience (around £35 – 40k), you will be provided with a company vehicle and have your own admin support in the office.
Job role and responsibilities
As an Insurance Surveyor / Contracts Manager you will be working alongside the Trades Manager, admin support team, direct labour, sub-contractors and other Surveyors in the business. You will be responsible for overseeing your own caseload of insurance repair works (varying in project value but with the average being around £2-3k with some jobs up to about £30k);
- Accurately survey domestic properties for fire / flood / escape of water etc. damage
- Scope the works onto various scoping systems and prepare full schedule of works for sub-contractors/direct labour
- Schedule repairs and pass to Trades Manager for allocation of work
- Ascertain Health & Safety risks and ensure H&S on site
- Carry out site audits and ensure quality of works on site
- Deal with variations and any problems on site
- Act as main liaison between policyholder, trades & admin support for duration of repairs
- Manage costings & gather all figures/paperwork ready to hand over to Accounts Department for final accounts/invoicing
What skills/experience will you need?
For this Insurance Surveyor / Contracts Manager role you will need to have a proven track record of producing accurate scope of works on private domestic properties repairs. You will need an excellent knowledge of trades and relevant costs within this industry and be able to understand/interpret and produce an accurate schedule of works.
Excellent customer service, organisational and PC skills are required along with an understanding of the SLA’s required with an insurance repairs project. You should be prepared to spend sometime in the office as well as out on the field.
BDMA, IICRC or Dew-point would be an advantage but not essential
In addition to the Insurance Surveyor / Contracts Manager salary (negotiable dependent upon experience around £35 – £40k) you will receive a company vehicle and the equipment required to carry out the role.
The office is located in London (SW) and you will need to live within a commutable distance from this, but ideally based around the patch you will be covering (Harrow/Wembley/North London etc.)
Graduate Insurance Surveyor/Contracts Manager – £25k plus pension, plus work vehicle. Need driving licence
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Building Insurance Surveyor to work on planned and reactive maintenance, repairs and refurbishment.
The role is for someone who is self-motivated and can work on their own initiative. You will be predominantly working within a residential environment, although there will be some exposure to commercial claims.
You will be expected to work as part of a team and autonomously – therefore proven knowledge and use of initiative is essential.
As a Building Insurance Surveyor you will be expected to:
- Appropriately validate insurance claims on behalf of our clients.
- Develop the programme of work and strategy for making the project happen.
- Be responsible for the financial viability of each job within your management and meeting appropriate and expected profit margins.
- Communicate efficiently with a range of key personnel within the company including cliuents, subcontractors, suppliers, the public, operatives and our internal office team.
- Demonstrate outstanding level of Customer Service.
- Ability to maintain high levels of ethics and professionalism at all times
- Full UK Driving License as they cover the majority of the North West.
Desirable expectations of a successful Building Insurance Surveyor include:
- The ability to operate in a confidential and efficient manner
- Make Safety inspections on site when work is underway and ensuring regulations relating the health, safety and environment (HSE) are adhered to
- Assist in the running of multiple projects worth a range of values
- Knowledge of existing scheduling programmes including Xactware
- Hardworking and flexible approach
- Willingness to learn and develop further skills
- Exceptional communication skills