Properties Facilities Group recently completed a refurbishment project in Greenford – UB6. The property was gutted by a fire that originated in the rear of this terraced property, affecting the adjacent properties on either side. Our experts have extensive experience in restoring old or even fire-damaged structures expertly and efficiently. The team followed a very methodical process in their work:
• The building was surveyed and assessed by our structural experts.
• Once it was declared safe our technicians got to work and detailed notes were made on the condition of various features and installations in the building.
• The client was provided a comprehensive report and quote that included the work that would need to be carried out in the exterior and interiors of the structure.
• Post approval from the insurance company, the first step was stripping out all the fire debris, electrics, the gas services, and water fixtures.
• The property was made watertight and secure.
• The refurbishment works were started based on the materials selected by the client
How we excel
The fire broke out in early November and our expert team of structural engineers, architects and contractors worked diligently and all the major works were effectively completed by April. If you look at the adjacent door properties that were with other insures and builders, you will notice that the repairs are still incomplete, despite relatively minor damage.
The policy holder was residing in alternative accommodation during the course of the restoration project and we expedited the work to save the insurance company money overall.
The property was very wet which is why it took a bit longer to dry out. In fire jobs most of the damage is often caused by the water that is used to extinguish the fire. Since the property had been completely damaged from top to bottom, the repair work had to be completed in a very methodical manner from the roof structure and these are the different features that were either repaired or replaced:
• The damaged roof was removed and replaced with a new one.
• The kitchen and bathroom areas were completely restored using new high-grade materials and fixtures.
• New windows, and doors were installed
• The flooring, rafters and joists were repaired
• New external brickwork, external renders, and the drainage guttering were installed
• Complete rewiring of the property was done.
• The central heating system boiler and consumer unit were installed.
Winner of 5 Master Builder awards and backed by over 25 years of trade experience, Property Facilities Group offer an industry leading and truly ‘tailor-made’ building and property maintenance service.